Mental Load in the C-Suite - #035
How much unseen work do you do entirely in your mind each day? At the intersection of emotional and cognitive labor is the mental load, an invisible effort that women carry the brunt of. In this episode of the Wired to Win podcast, Fernanda explains why the mental load affects women in leadership roles, its impact on our performance, and how we can use the science of neuroplasticity to rewire our brain’s relationship with the mental load to reach our full potential.
Studies from around the globe have found that women disproportionately carry the burden of the mental load both at home and in the workplace. Spurred on by false gender norms and systemic obstructions, female leaders take on emotional, organizational, and management tasks that others overlook and undervalue.
The mental load can limit our productivity, force us out of the present moment, and devour our energy, leaving us exhausted and disappointed. It can deplete us, steal our potential, and ravage our joy. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Using the science of neuroplasticity, we can rewire our brains to establish a new relationship with our mental load. We can reclaim our time, our presence, and our power. And we are already uniquely wired as women to achieve this. In this episode,
- The psychology behind mental load and its unique components.
- Why women in leadership positions are uniquely affected by mental load.
- How mental load affects our potential in our personal and professional lives.
- The research behind the impacts of mental load.
- The global reach of mental load and how it’s affecting equality.
- How to rewire your brain’s neural pathways to change your relationship with your own mental load.
- How to quantify and delegate your mental load.
- How to claim mental work as a skill instead of a burden and use it to market your leadership qualities.
- How to find fulfillment, increase productivity, and unlock your full potential.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON APPLE PODCASTS
so you’ll never miss an episode!
If you get value from the podcast and want to leave a review in Apple Podcaster I’d be forever grateful. The reviews help a lot and let others find the podcast. Click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know how the podcast has benefitted you. Thank you so much!
Subscribe to The Weekly Wired Newsletter
Join us weekly where we let you into the top secrets of having a fulfilled career-work-life balance.
Stay In The Know
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates.
Connect With Us
Follow along on our social media accounts.